We are excited to announce our 2020-21 Capital Campaign!
Our goal is to raise $100,000 to expand and enhance Glen Echo Park Aquarium. We opened on September 19, 2015 (Talk Like A Pirate Day!) and have had thousands of people visit us to learn about our local streams, rivers, and Chesapeake Bay. We are confident that with your help we can make the following additions and improvements to Glen Echo Park Aquarium!
Campaign started 12/1/20 – Campaign Progress as of 12/10/20: $1025 raised
Front Patio improvements:
- Front Awning Replacement with Double Layered, insulated awning and door
- Wave Tank
- Current Events Kiosk with brochure holder and comment box
- 750 gallon Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) Tank
- Science Bar – a manned station with microscopes and experiments
Outdoor Improvements to include:
- Improvements to our Nautical Classroom (Pirate Ship) to include a sound tube, play canon, compass, helm.
- Little Nippers Oyster Tonging Station
- Giant articulated Crab Sculpture with movable limbs
- Nautical Awning over the giant sandbox
- 15′ Lighthouse
- Knot Tying Station
- Weather Station with rain gage, weather vane, anemometer, thermometer
- Improved Box Turtle Sanctuary
- Native Plant signage
- Giant Yellow Submarine with periscope
Rear Patio Improvements:
- Rear Awning Replacement with Double Layered, insulated awning and door.
- Deck to comply with Handicap Requirements
- Smart Board for enhanced teaching to students during school field trips and camps
Exhibit Hall Improvements:
- Marsh Tank with fiddler crabs, marsh periwinkles, baby horseshoe crabs and more.
- Shelving in food Prep room
- Jellyfish Tank
- Shark Tank
- Improved Touch Tank
These improvements and additions take time and money, and many of these goals can be achieved as soon as we have the funds! Please consider donating (every little bit helps!) and asking your friends and coworkers to help. Thanks!